With the backdrop of National Voter Registration Day on Sept. 25, the League of Women Voters of Southeastern Connecticut has scheduled voter registration sessions in New London, Groton and Norwich, with more expected in October.
Here are the scheduled registration sessions:
- Monday, Sept. 17, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., Groton’s Ella T. Grasso Southeastern Technical High School, which is hosting “Constitution Day.”
- Wednesday, Sept. 19, 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m., Norwich’s John B. Stanton Elementary School.
- Wednesday, Sept. 19, 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. and Thursday, Sept. 20, 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., New London Adult and Continuing Education, Shaw’s Cove Three.
- Tuesday, Sept. 25, National Voter Registration Day, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Norwich's Otis Library. (Rather than Oct. 2.
- Tuesday, Oct. 2, noon to 1:30 p.m. Groton's University of Connecticut at Avery Point.
To register, citizens need to bring a driver’s license or official government ID or write in the last four digits of their Social Security number. To vote on Nov. 6, all citizens must show identification: Any pre-printed form of identification, which shows the elector’s name and either the elector’s address (license, government ID, electric bill, etc) or name and signature (Social Security card) or name and photograph (passport).
Also, all Connecticut libraries have voter registration applications available at all times.