1. Noaa.gov swears it is going to snow today, mostly this afternoon and tonight, and then into Thursday. Don't shoot the messenger. "Snow, mainly after 2pm. High near 39. Calm wind becoming east between 5 and 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible. Wednesday Night: Rain and snow before 8pm, then rain and sleet. Low around 31. Breezy, with a east wind between 11 and 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible."
2. Today is Feb. 29! Is today your birthday? If so, Happy Actual Birthday! Here's a fun Leap Day fact: "According to legend, it’s accepted for women to propose to men on Leap Day. And men must accept, according Western Kentucky University librarian Lynn Niedermeier."
3. is having its weekly Lenten soup/study meeting tonight. Soup is served at 6 pm and the Study and Discussion of David Lose's book Making Sense of the Cross is at 6:30 pm.
4. With snow in the forecast, it is definitely not too late to sign up for this great program that helps the families of active military personnel clear snow from their driveways and walkways. Snowcare For Troops is looking for more volunteers.
5. There have been some great photos posted on the Ledyard Patch Facebook page recently - including champions wrestlers and award-winning cheerleaders - and we just want to remind everyone that our Neighborhood Gallery is a great way to show off all the achievements being racked up by kids in town!