In the days before Christmas, Director Carol Geiler sent us a list of some of the nice things being done around town during this holiday season. In my rush to spend a few days at home during the holidays, some the items on Carol’s list might have gotten lost in the shuffle. Before they are completely forgotten, here is her list:
1. Yvonne Bishop, a young mother in Ledyard, collected donated items from local businesses and made 50 gift mugs to give to senior citizens who may be alone for part or all of the holidays. They were delivered to seniors at the center last Tuesday.
2. The again donated 25 holiday food baskets this year, which were delivered Tuesday afternoon by the Senior Center van drivers and volunteers.
3. On Wednesday, the Senior Center Chorus entertained a group of disabled residents from a nearby group home.
4. On Thursday seniors traveled to to accept gifts made by students there. Students also made ornaments that were delivered to the recipients of the Meals on Wheels program.
5. The Project LEARN program at made Christmas cards that we were distributed to those who may not receive cards from family or friends.