- Sunny skies today, high 37F. Winds WNW at 20 to 30 mph. Mainly clear skies tonight, low 18F.
- The new owners of Pumpkin Hill Marketplace called to say they are open for business today, and Ray’s New Haven-Style Pizza is shooting for early February, in time for the Super Bowl.
- Those aren’t the only changes coming to the Gallup Hill Road center. Bear’s Place Package Store is planning an expansion, according to the center’s owner, and a new grinder wholesaler is planning to locate between the market and the package store. Watch for our story.
- Actually, I don’t remember LBJ picking his dog up by the ears. Although I do remember LBJ's ears – they were enormous. Just not much use to him when it came to listening to the voices of reason. Anyway, did you take our poll? It’s about Mitt Romney and a dog he strapped to the top of his car nearly 30 years ago.
- When we were kids and went on vacation, we had our dog right in the back seat with us where he belonged. I remember his incessant panting – no air-conditioning in those days – and his foot-long tongue painting our bare ankles with dog drool.