- Showers in the morning today with isolated thunderstorms arriving in the afternoon. High near 70F. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain is 60 percent. Tonight showers and a few thundershowers. Low 63F.
- Ledyard Patch is 1-year-old today. The site launched on Oct. 13, 2010. It was the first Patch in eastern Connecticut. We had planned to launch on Oct. 14, but only because we were being superstitious. Our Editorial Director, Anthony Duignan-Cabrera, inspected the site, judged us ready for prime time and switched us on. Just like that.
- Since then we have published 2,545 articles, almost all of them about Ledyard and Gales Ferry. We have published almost twice as many photos, not including the ones readers have posted on the site.
- During the past year we have watched our readership grow steadily. We also have watched the site become more interactive. As more readers become involved in posting announcements, events, photos, blogs and comments, my job continues to get easier.
- We really appreciate all the nice things readers have said about us, especially during budget time, when we turned out to be a pretty good source for how your tax dollars are being spent. And during Irene, when it was sometimes hard to get information anywhere else.
So thanks for reading Patch. This has been a lot of fun, and we hope you'll stick around because we're just getting started.