Tt feels great to donate!
1-800-RED-CROSS to donate
Walk Ins Welcome
You get free juice and delicious cookies.
It's something you can spare – most people have blood to spare... yet, there is still not enough to go around.
You will help ensure blood is on the shelf when needed – most people don't think they'll ever need blood, but many do.
You will be someone's hero – in fact, you could help save more than one life with just one donation.
TIPS FOR A GREAT DONATION:
- Maintain a healthy iron level in your diet by eating iron rich foods, such as red meat, fish, poultry, beans, spinach, iron-fortified cereals and raisins.
- Get a good night's sleep.
- Drink an extra 16 oz. of water or nonalcoholic fluids before the donation.
- Eat a healthy meal before your donation. Avoid fatty foods, such as hamburgers, fries or ice cream before donating. (Fatty foods can affect the tests we do on your blood. If there is too much fat in your blood, your donation cannot be tested for infectious diseses and the blood will not be used for transfusion.)
- If you are a platelet donor, remember that your system must be free of aspirin for two days prior to donation.
- Remember to bring your donor card, driver's license or two other forms of ID.