Ledyard residents may soon see some cards arriving in their mailbox offering to discount some of their prescription drugs by up to 45 percent and this offer, believe it or not, is legitimate.
The cards are distrubuted by ProAct and participation is offered through the Connecticut Council of Municipalities. Cards should be arriving in your mailbox by the end of the week, according to Mayoral Assistant Mark Bancroft.
Participation is free to Ledyard residents and the town, in fact more than 40 towns in Connecticut are already offering these discouts to their residents. The card is available to people with or without insurance.
“Even if you have insurance, you can use whichever gets you the best price,” said Rodolico.
Most pharmacies will accept the discount card, including CVS in Gales Ferry. The program also offers discounts on vision services, LASIK and hearing products and services:
Participants can receive the following discounts on eye exams, frames, and contact lenses.
- Eye Exams Up to 20% off the usual and customary fee
- Frames Up to 50% off the retail price
- Lenses Up to 50% off the retail price
- Online Lenses Everyday low pricing and free standard shipping
- For participating providers, visit www.EyeBenefits.com
LASIK Discounts Program Features:
- Save 40-50% off the National Average
- Over 600 locations nationwide
- Credentialed physicians
Hearing Products & Services Program Features:
- Savings of 35-65%
- National network of local ear physicians and audiologists
- Brand name hearing aids and products