Today, June 21, is primary day. Four democratic candidates and two republican candidates are seeking to win their respective primary for the Southeastern Connecticut Regional Probate Court Judge.
The court, located in Groton, serves the towns of Ledyard, Stonington, Groton and North Stonington. It handles matters including adoptions, wills, estates and guardianship.
Following the primary a special election will held on August 16.
Voter Eligibility: Registered voters from the towns of Ledyard, Stonington, Groton and North Stonington enrolled as Democrats or Republicans are eligible to vote in their respective primary.
Time: Polls are open from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Democratic Candidate List:
Ellin Grenger of Gales Ferry
Nicholas Kepple of Stonington
Edward E. Moukawsher of Groton
Peter Rotella of Stonington
For more information about the candidates click on their names for a Q&A or visit Elections 2011.
Republican Candidate List:
Dean Antipas of Mystic
Eric Janney of Pawcatuck
For more information about the candidates click on their names for a Q&A or visit Elections 2011
Locations For Ledyard Residents:
- District One votes at the Ledyard Center School at 740 Colonel Ledyard Highway in Ledyard.
- District Two votes at the Juliet W. Long School at 1854 Route 12 in Gales Ferry.
Locations For Stonington Residents:
- District One votes at the Stonington Fire House at 100 Main St., in Stonington Borough.
- District Two votes at the Pawcatuck Fire House at 33 Liberty St., in Pawcatuck.
- District Three votes at Deans Mill School at 35 Deans Mill Rd., in Stonington.
- District Four votes at the B.F. Hoxie Engine Company at the Mystic Fire Department at 34 Broadway Ave., in Mystic.
- District Five votes at the School Administration Building at 49 North Stonington Rd., in Old Mystic.
Locations For Groton Residents:
- District One votes at the Groton Public Library at 52 Newtown Rd., in Groton.
- District Two votes at West Side Middle School at 250 Brandegee Ave., in Groton City.
- District Three votes at the City Municipal Building at 295 Meridian St., in Groton City.
- District Four votes at the William Seely School at 55 Seely School Drive in Groton.
- District Five votes at the Charles Barnum School at 68 Briar Hill Rd., in Groton.
- District Six votes at the School Administration Building at 1300 Flanders Rd., in Mystic.
- District Seven votes at S.B. Butler School at 155 Ocean View Ave., in Mystic.
- District Eight votes at the Town Hall Annex at 134 Groton Long Point Rd., in Groton.
Locations For North Stonington Residents:
- Eligible voters vote at Old Town Hall at 40 Main St., in North Stonington.
Watch for results tonight after the polls close.