The Board of Education will see a final draft of the floor plan of the proposed Middle School renovations tonight.
- Yellow section exists now and will be renovated as new.
- The green section on the left is five classrooms for the pre-school.
- The green section to the right exists now as clusters and will be renovated with new classrooms.
- The gray area is a new addition, which will have science labs.
- The blue portion is the main entrance and secured vestibule into the building.
The entrance into the building has been ramped up since the Dec. 14 shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary School. School visitors will have to enter the building into a secured vestibule and are buzzed into the office. From there the visitor will remain in the office or proceed into the building.
The pre school wing will have five classes that will fit 80 students and have a separate entrance and parking spots. The entire parking lot will be reconfigured.
The budgets and costs might be ready in a couple weeks, according to the architect C. James Lawler. He said if everything goes as planned, the school will be finished in 2017.
The Board of Education will see the plans tonight at their regularly scheduled meeting at 7 p.m. in the Media Center at Ledyard High School. The public is encouraged to attend.