Here's a look at what's going in Ledyard this week. If we missed something, let us know in the comments! (And remember to post events on our calendar and other items of community interest in our Announcements.)
Back to School!
That was a short summer now, wasn't it? Kids in Ledyard go back to school on Wednesday. Check out our Back to School section for tips and tricks to make the transition easier.
- Tuesday: “I Love EDM Tuesdays” at SHRINE featuring DJs Lil Jon, Adventure Club, Audien and Sikduo
- Friday: Mystic Summer Festival Horse Show
- Friday: Archaeology of the Mystic Battlefield Site
- Saturday: Big yard sale on Ledgewood Drive
- Monday: LUPPW Field Walk, 5:00 PM @ Clark Farm
- Tuesday: Trails Committee, 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM @ TBD; Social Services Commission, 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM @ Mayor's Office; Water Pollution Control Authority, 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM @ Town Council Chambers
- Wednesday: Commission for Senior Citizens, 1:30 PM - 3:30 PM @ Senior Center; Administration Committee - Special Meeting, 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM @ Town Council Chambers; Public Hearing, 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM @ Town Council Chambers; Town Council, 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM @ Town Council Chambers
- Monday: Scattered showers and thunderstorms, mainly after noon. Partly sunny, with a high near 80.
- Tuesday: Isolated showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 81.
- Wednesday: Scattered showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 80.
- Thursday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 80.
- Friday: Sunny, with a high near 80.
Traffic Light Replacement
The Connecticut Department of Transportation will begin the replacement of traffic signal LEDs. An alternating one-way traffic pattern using traffic control will be utilized on a daily basis to perform the construction work. The contractor will not be allowed to interfere with traffic between 6:00 A.M. to 9:00 A.M. and between 3:00 P.M. to 6:00 P.M., Monday through Friday and 10:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M. on Saturday and Sunday.
Work is anticipated to occur between August 1, 2013 and August 31, 2013, at the following locations:
- RTE 12 @ LONG COVE RD.
- RTE 12 @ DOW CHEMICAL CO. DRIVE
- RTE 12 @ CHRISTY HILL RD.
- RTE 117 @ RTE 214
- RTE 12 @ RTE 214
- RTE 117 @ COLONEL LEDYARD HWY & GROTON CTR. RD.
- RTE 2 @ RAINMAKER DRIVE
- RTE 2 @ FOXWOODS LOT 10 DRIVE
- RTE 2 @ GRAND PEQUOT BLVD. & LAKE OF ISLES DRIVE
- RTE 214 @ LANTERN HILL RD. & PEQUOT TRAIL
Avery Hill/Tucker's Run/Windward Lane Roadwork Update:
Residents and motorists are advised that major roadwork will resume on Avery Hill Road, Tucker’s Run, and Windward Lane on August 26th. This will include road surface milling followed by repaving. Avery Hill Road will be subject to complete closure at times between major intersections which contain the workzone; at a minimum motorists should anticipate one-lane traffic and associated delays. This notice is provided that motorists, and especially local residents, may plan for these travel restrictions. Residents living within the workzone will still have access to and from their homes. Access will also be maintained for emergency vehicle traffic.
Aljen Heights Neighborhood:
Paving of roads in the Aljen Heights neighborhood is complete. The remaining work associated with driveway aprons will begin the week of August 12th and continue until complete. Any traffic impacts will be minor. Residents are advised to leave the frontage area of your driveway aprons accessible, including about ten feet into the driveway.
If you have an event you'd like to promote, post it on Patch's awesome calendar.
Do you have an opinion? Post it on Speak Out!
Do you have something to announce to the world?
Are you a business in town with news?
Do you have something you'd like to sell, trade, or buy?