Bill Library in Ledyard Center is one of two public libraries in town. It was established in 1893 and named for patron Henry Bill. The original building was expanded twice, resulting in a comfortable, modern facility that reflects the distinctive architecture of the original. Library Director Gale Bradbury oversees both the Bill Library and its smaller sister library in Gales Ferry. Together they have a collection of more than 83,000 items, including books, magazines, newspapers, videos, audio books and music discs. Both libraries offer wireless Internet.