Ledyard Patch launched two years ago with a mission to deliver news and information of all varieties. We encourage Patch Readers to become Patch Users and submit their own events, photos and announcements to share with the commuity at large and help make everyone's life ridiculously easly. Patch is meant to be a community bulletin board for all to use and peruse, meet, share and discuss what's important in Ledyard.
Today, Ledyard Patch takes a look at some of this year’s most popular stories.
Some are uplifting; some are not. Some have lasting implications, others are simply a slice of life. Some stories are not over and they'll continue well into 2013.
Here are our 10 most-clicked on articles (based on numerical data):
- The Pics and Clips Gallery: From Santa Runs to summertime fishing excursions, the community is welcome to upload photos taken around town to share with other Ledyard Patch users and beyond.
- Don't Miss the Perseid Meteor Shower 2012: The mid-August meteor showers promised a spectacular show of shooting stars.
- Hurricane Sandy's Impact on Connecticut Called 'Life-Threatening': Sandy was a super storm when it hit Connecticut but as it lumbered toward us, meteorologists predicted unprecedented damage.
- : Mike France was charged charged with breach of peace-2nd assault/strike and assault third degree, after an argument with a minor in the parking lot of St. Luke’s Lutheran Church.
- Ten Places That Are Open On Christmas Day: A guide to ten local stores, restaurants and entertainment venues open on Christmas Day in the area.
- : The latest news, updates and advisories for Ledyard during the storm that claimed five days of schools and trick or treating on Halloween!
- UPDATED: Officers Lift Vehicle To Extricate Teenage Driver After Rollover: A story of true heroism. Resident state trooper Sgt. James Gilman, Ledyard police officers Alan Meunch, Scott Peterson and off-duty state trooper Gary Butters of Troop E arrived at a car crash and found 17-year-old Kylee Taylor stuck under the vehicle. The four men combined their strength and lifted the Ford Explorer in order to extricate the girl.
- Ledyard High School Student Charged After Threatening School: In September, police arrested 18-year-old Ledyard High School student Ryan L. Donaldson after an investigation confirmed that he had threatened to harm students and then himself at Ledyard High School.
- Best Of Ledyard: Vote For The Best Pizza Restaurant [with Poll] 681 Patch users logged on to cast a vote. The race was tight but Fireside's wood-fired pizza and sandwiches claimed the top spot with 360 votes to Valentino's 241.
- PHOTOS: 67th Annual Ledyard Fair: A community photo gallery of this year's fair.