1. If you’re a Republican, you can’t really use the weather as an excuse to not vote today. There’s only a slight chance of showers after 2 p.m. but before that it will be partly sunny, with a high near 58, says NOAA.gov. Tonight there’s a slight chance of showers before midnight and it’ll be partly cloudy, with a low around 40. Polls are open from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. so there's plenty of time to dodge raindrops.
2. If you’re a Republican you may not be 100 percent captivated by the primary race since Rick Santorum left but you will get a free sticker so go out and vote! Polls are open from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m., District One votes at the , Districts Two and Three vote at the . These are the names you’ll see on the ballot: New Gingrich, Ron Paul, Mitt Romney, Rick Santorum and Uncommitted.
Let Patch save you time. Get more things to know like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone everyday with our free newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here.
3. Mother’s Day is three weeks away. Would your mom be interested in knowing more about her mom or her mom’s mom? The library has a genealogy group and they meet this Wednesday at at 7:00 p.m. Bring a laptop or tablet or use the library’s computers to find out about online research. Call 860-464-9912 for more information.
4. is advertising the spicebush viburnum as the plant of the week. If you want to see what that looks like, check out . While you’re at it, vote for Holdridge’s as your go-to florist.
5. was recently nominated and voted as the place . The restaurant will serve food to the public by reservation only but don’t be shy, they’d love your company. If you have eaten there, for out-of-towners considering the inn as getaway or for locals who want to treat someone to a nice dinner.